- Internationalisation of the Curriculum
- Assessment Parity
- International Student Collaboration and Dialogue
- Intercultural Group Work
- Academic Language and Literacies
- BCM110 Introduction to Communication and Media Studies
- COMM331 Simulation of a Socially Innovative Enterprise
- ISIT102 Communication Systems
- Internationalisation of the Curriculum and Inclusive Pedagogies in the Bachelor of Communication & Media Studies Program
- Transnational Project-Based Learning in Information Technology & Information Systems - Degree Program
- Unpacking Effective Transnational Teaching Teams
- Developing Induction Processes
Professional Development Toolkit - Participatory Action Learning
This toolbox is a resource for academic developers and program/subject coordinators of transnational teaching teams who wish to lead a teaching team through a situated professional developmental program using the participatory action learning approach.
This toolbox was developed by transnational teaching teams from the University of Wollongong and INTI Malaysia within a broader OLT funded project. The teams worked as Participatory Action Learning groups across several subjects in three different degree programs.
Each transnational teaching team consisted of subject coordinators, lecturers and tutors from both sites. Each team met via videoconference 5-6 times for about 2 hours over one semester. The video conference workshops were facilitated by two academic developers from a central unit. The teams designed, implemented and evaluated their participatory action learning projects.
Details of the PAL projects can be found in the Case Studies section of the website. The Case study of the BCM110 Participatory Action Learning Team provides an insight into the aims and processes of the original project, the challenges encountered and how they were met by the teaching team.
Guide to Action Learning [PDF 364KB]
PAL Action Plan Template [DOCX 478KB]
Pre-workshop Questions for Teaching Teams [PDF 142KB]
Action Plan Template [PDF 340KB]