- Internationalisation of the Curriculum
- Assessment Parity
- International Student Collaboration and Dialogue
- Intercultural Group Work
- Academic Language and Literacies
- BCM110 Introduction to Communication and Media Studies
- COMM331 Simulation of a Socially Innovative Enterprise
- ISIT102 Communication Systems
- Internationalisation of the Curriculum and Inclusive Pedagogies in the Bachelor of Communication & Media Studies Program
- Transnational Project-Based Learning in Information Technology & Information Systems - Degree Program
- Unpacking Effective Transnational Teaching Teams
- Developing Induction Processes
Resource Toolkit - Assessment Parity
This toolbox provides resources to support academic developers and program/subject coordinators of transnational teaching teams to calibrate assessment across sites.
This toolbox was developed by transnational teaching teams from the University of Wollongong and INTI Malaysia within a broader OLT funded project. The team worked as Participatory Action Learning groups on developing parity in assessment across several subjects in three different degree programs.
Each transnational teaching team consisted of subject coordinators, lecturers and tutors from both sites. Each team met via videoconference 5-6 times for about 2 hours over one semester. The video conference workshops were facilitated by two academic developers from a central unit. The teams designed, implemented and evaluated their participatory action learning projects. One of the aspects of their practice they worked on together work was developing parity in assessment across sites thorough moderation and calibrating assessment tasks.
Over the semester the transnational teaching teams co-developed rubrics, co-marked assessments and calibrated their approach to feedback and marking across their whole teaching team.
Details of the PAL projects can be found in the Case Studies section of the website. The Case study of the BCM110 Participatory Action Learning Team provides an insight into the aims and processes of the original project, the challenges encountered and how they were met by the teaching team.
Guide to Assessing Group Presentations [PDF 500KB]
Guide to Parity in Assessment [PDF 225KB]
Guide to Peer and Self Assessment [PDF 243KB]
Team Workshop Action Plan Template [PDF 340KB]
A Rubric for Evaluating Student Blogs [PDF 41KB]
Assessment 2 - Marking Criteria [DOCX 461KB]
Assessment and Parity Rubric Example [PDF 217KB]
BCM110 Group Presentation Marking Sheet [PDF 409KB]
Blogs Marking Criteria [PDF 151KB]
Capstone Marking Guide Template [PDF 121KB]
Group Presentation Marking Sheet TEMPLATE [PDF 404KB]
Peer Review of Group Presentation TEMPLATE [PDF 60KB]
Reflective Essay Marking Criteria [PDF 16KB]
Sustained Writing Marking Guide Template [PDF 35KB]
What Makes A Good Blog - Student Ideas [PDF 286KB]